Intensive Family Support
Intensive Family Support (IFS) programs provide case management support to families at risk of entering the statutory child protection system. The IFS services accept eligible referrals from the Family and Child Connect, Department of Child Safety, prescribed entities, community agencies, and self-referrals from families.
How we help
- Addressing issues such as domestic violence, mental health, and substance abuse
- Developing stronger life skills such as setting routines, budgeting, and managing the household
- Parenting support and strategies to build positive family relationships
- Managing stress to cope with daily pressures
- Providing child health and wellbeing resources
- Linking into services that support your child’s development
- Connecting you with local services, playgroups, and other social networks
- Supporting families with their cultural needs
- Anything else that worries you
Our Intensive Family Support Program is designed for parents/caregivers, and their children, to help them overcome their experiences and challenges. This service is available to families in the Southeast, Wide Bay/Burnett and North Queensland regions who would like support from our team.
If you are a service provider interested in referring a family you can find our referral form at: https://familysupportreferral.org.au/