When and where to seek help?


If you believe a child is in immediate danger or in a life-threatening situation, please contact the police immediately by dialling 000.

Child protection is everyone’s business. It is important to remain diligent in your community, and if you are concerned about a child’s welfare, please report it to the relevant authorities.

Report your concerns

If you have a reason to suspect a child is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm, you can report your concerns to the relevant authorities in your state:

Australian Capital Territory

Child and Youth Protection Services

New South Wales

Child Protection Helpline

Northern Territory

Child Protection

P1800 700 250

24 hours toll free


Child Safety Services

P1800 177 135
  • During normal business hours – contact the Regional Intake Service.
  • After hours and on weekends – contact the Child Safety After Hours Service Centre on 1800 177 135. (Operates 24/7)

South Australia

Child Abuse Report Line


Child Protection Services

P1300 737 639

Providing an electronic notification


Child Protection

P13 12 78

To contact a child protection office close to you call a local office.

Western Australia

Department for Child Protection

Contact the Department for Child Protection through a local district office.