Act for Kids values your feedback, whether it is a compliment or a complaint, as it enables us to continuously improve the services we provide to our clients and fosters strong working relationships with stakeholders.
We love to hear about the positive experiences clients and stakeholders have in their dealings with Act for Kids. If you have received outstanding service or attention that you feel warrants complimenting, please let us know in writing, in person, by phone or by using the online feedback form.
Complaints are equally important to us as they help us to identify how we can work better with our clients and stakeholders.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received from Act for Kids, you have the right to lodge a complaint. You also have the right to lodge your complaint anonymously; however this does limit our capacity to investigate the complaint.
To help us resolve your complaint, it is important that you tell is what you would like to happen as a result of your complaint. For example, you may want an apology, explanation, or change to occur that will prevent other clients from experiencing the same issue. If we are unable to meet your expected outcome, you will be advised of this, including the reasons why.
If you require support, for example interpreter services or the appointment of a cultural advisor, to assist you throughout the complaints process, please let us know.
Act for Kids will ensure that:
- your complaint is listened to
- you are treated fairly and respectfully
- your complaint is dealt with in a timely manner
- you are protected from any repercussions, reprisals or victimisation as a result of making a complaint
Our complaints process
- Where appropriate, we ask that all complaints are lodged with the manager or regional director of the Act for Kids service centre concerned. Complaints can be made in writing, in person, by phone or by using the online feedback form. The nature of the complaint will determine whether it is addressed at the regional level, or escalated to an executive officer. If the complaint is of a serious nature, will put you in contact with the chief executive officer of Act for Kids.
- Unless you have made an anonymous complaint, we will contact you in a timely manner to acknowledge and attempt to resolve your complaint in a way that fits the nature and circumstances of the situation.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can lodge a formal complaint in writing to the chief executive officer of Act for Kids. You will be notified in writing within 20 working days of the resolution.
- If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your formal complaint, we will provide you with the contact details of the appropriate funding body or complaints agency.
Compliments and complaints can be sent to the manager or regional director of the Act for Kids service centre, by to the address below or using our online complaint form found at www.actforkids.com.au/feedback.
Contact details for service centres can be found on our website www.actforkids.com.au or can be obtained by calling our toll free number 1300 228 000.